U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
"Pembroke Elementary School, in partnership with parents and community, is dedicated to fostering social, emotional, and academic success in a multicultural learning environment by providing positive behavior supports and a variety of relevant experiences that accommodate individual learning styles through developmentally appropriate instruction."
- We believe Pembroke Elementary has a responsibility to provide a varied program to meet the academic, emotional, social and physical needs of students.
- We believe all children can learn.
- We believe in partnering with parents and the community in order to foster academic success.
- We believe the purpose of education is to develop student's ability to think critically and integrate ideas through relevant and meaningful experiences.
- We believe meaningful learning occurs when students are allowed to confront real problems, make choices, and find solutions.
- We believe in a multicultural learning environment for all students.
- We believe that all children have the right to learn in a caring, safe and non-threatening environment.
The staff of Pembroke Elementary School is committed to student success and achievement. Pembroke is unique among elementary schools in our division in that we offer a full continuum of services for elementary-aged students. In addition to the kindergarten through fifth-grade general education program, we also have classrooms dedicated to providing services to students with severe disabilities, developmental delays, learning disabilities, other health impairments, and emotional disabilities. We are also the primary home of the Autistic Children Program (ACP) managed by the Southeastern Cooperative Educational Program (SECEP), another feature that makes our school special. We are proud of the services we are able to provide for children of the Pembroke community.